Do you need help convincing your clients about the benefits of cloud software?
Cloud computing represents a real change in how businesses use technology. We understand that some of your clients may have concerns when it comes to moving online, particularly when it comes to data security and accessibility issues, and then of course what the real benefits of being in the cloud are.
To help ease your clients’ concerns and to also give an overview of some cloud benefits, we’ve created the helpful Making the move to the cloud guide for you to pass on to your clients. As well as providing an introduction to the cloud and how it works, this guide also includes a handy checklist to help your clients plan their move to the cloud.
Download the Guide Now
The accounting profession is experiencing a shift: Gone are the days of talking to clients once a year on tax preparation. Small and medium-sized businesses want an accountant or bookkeeper to act as a year-round advisor and are looking for an accounting professional who is going to add value to their business.
Sage Summit – taking place July 28-31, 2014, at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas – will equip accounting professionals with the strategies and best practices necessary to overcome challenges and stereotypes of accountants and bookkeepers of the past and propel their business to the next level through powerful conversations and connections. Conversations and networking will take the form of insightful keynotes, sessions, and panels. If you’re not already registered and want information, you can visit SageSummit.com and register now.
Facilitated by subject matter experts and top accounting thought leaders, conversations will center on topics relevant to the accounting profession. For your convenience, we’ve highlighted a few of the conversations and sessions that will be facilitated by some of these thought leaders. There are many other sessions, so be sure to check out SageSummit.com for the complete list.
See you in Vegas!
Jason Blumer – Accountant business model transformation: A real-life case study
- Tuesday, July 29, 1:30 p.m.—2:30 p.m.
- Transitioning your business to the cloud requires more than just a shift in accounting solutions. To achieve the firm of your dreams, you need to look seriously at making a business model transformation and then rip off the Band-Aid! It can be tough, and it can be scary, but only you can take the steps and make the tough choices to move towards your dream practice. In this session host Jason Blumer, CPA and chief innovation officer at Blumer CPAs, shares with you the adventures and mishaps on the path to transitioning his own firm to something strongly resembling the vision he had for it.
Doug Sleeter – Avoid the tornado when moving to the cloud: Seven steps for Accounting Professionals
- Tuesday, July 29, 1:30 p.m.—2:15 p.m.
- Are you planning to move your applications and data to the cloud but you’re afraid of creating a disaster? Deciding to move to the cloud is the first step, but then what? How many ‘connected’ systems need to be moved, and in what order? If you move the accounting software, what about the payroll, the merchant accounts, the e-commerce, and all of the other business processes? It’s critical that you plan the transition carefully, and this session, led by founder of The Sleeter Group Doug Sleeter, will give you a seven-step checklist to avoid creating a tornado.
Brian F. Tankersley – Power! Power! Power! Doing more with Microsoft Excel
- Tuesday, July 29, 3:00 p.m.—4:00 p.m.
- New spreadsheet auditing tools in Microsoft Excel give you great power. Brian F. Tankersley, CPA, CITP, CGMA, and K2 Enterprises instructor, will explore the PowerPivot, PowerMaps, and PowerQuery functionality and take your Excel use to the next powerful level. (Yes, this session is all about power!)
Brian F. Tankersley – Security and privacy in a cloudy world
- Tuesday, July 29, 4:30 p.m.—5:30 p.m.
- The rise of cloud computing has been one of the highlights of the last few years. The notion that information technology can be delivered in a highly scalable way is generating excitement and concern for accountants and business owners alike. Brian F. Tankersley, CPA, CITP, CGMA, and K2 Enterprises instructor, will help explore the concerns of security and privacy in a cloud-driven world.
L. Gary Boomer – Are you prepared to play above the line?
- Wednesday, July 30, 10:00 a.m.—11:00 a.m.
- Advisory services require a different level of thinking that result in significant and positive change. In this session, L. Gary Boomer, CPA, CITP, CEO of Boomer Consulting, Inc., will help you learn about the five P’s that will allow you to play at a higher level.
Jason Blumer – Building a super accountant or bookkeeper firm part 1 & 2
- Part 1: IND-478
- Part 2: IND-485
- Part 1: Wednesday, July 30, 10:00 a.m.—11:00 a.m.
- Part 2: Wednesday, July 30, 11:30 a.m.—12:30 p.m.
- Jason Blumer, CPA and chief innovation officer at Blumer CPAs, will lead these sessions, exploring various aspects of the genetic makeup of a firm, including pricing models, customer satisfaction, employee management, and so on. Then he will lead small break-out groups as they take on the personas of customers, owners, and employees and look to build a firm. The second half of this session will consist of each group’s presenting their firm back to the room for greater learning. Ultimately the best points of each group will be combined into one big “super firm”with the help of a graphic interpreter.
Jody Padar – Positioning your new services in a new cloud world
- Wednesday, July 30, 11:30 a.m.—12:30 p.m.
- Jody Padar, accounting thought leader and CPA, MST, and CEO and principal at New Vision CPA Group, explains how adopting cloud technology creates the need for an entirely new business model in your firm. How do you go about positioning your services to cloud prospects? It’s not about selling bookkeeping services any more!
Tom Hood and Jennifer Warawa – Innovating beyond technology for accounting professionals
- Wednesday, July 30, 2:00 p.m.—3:30 p.m.
- Innovation is one of the latest buzz words, but what does innovation really mean and how does it impact the way you do business and serve your clients? Often times, business leaders think innovation refers solely to technology, when in fact cloud and mobility are shifting away from being a new idea to being mainstream and an expectation, leaving clients wanting more. What does “being innovative” in your accounting firm mean to your business model, the way you interact with your clients, and how you plan for the future? Jennifer Warawa, Vice President and General Manager of Sage Accountant Solutions at Sage North America, and Tom Hood, CEO of Maryland Association of CPAs and the Business Learning Institute, will share research, trends, and insights into how the next phase of innovation will have an impact on the way you do business, and what changes are crucial in order to stay one step ahead of the competition.
L. Gary Boomer – Packaging and pricing advisory services for accountants and bookkeepers
- Wednesday, July 30, 4:00 p.m.—5:00 p.m.
- The value of services increase when they are named, packaged, and priced together rather than separately. In this session, L. Gary Boomer, CPA, CITP, CEO of Boomer Consulting, Inc., will look at the necessary tools to assist you in naming, developing a menu of compliance, performance, and strategic advisory services in addition to a pricing matrix to provide guidance in the sales and pricing process. This is for those who are serious about developing a scalable advisory services business.
Jason Blumer – Transitioning your practice: Facing the fear
- Wednesday, July 30, 4:00 p.m.—5:00 p.m.
- How many times have you done a deep dive into a model transformation at a conference, gotten really excited where your firm needed to go, and then between the airport and your office, you completely allowed the fear of change and risk to prevent you from making significant changes? This session, led by Jason Blumer, CPA and chief innovation officer at Blumer CPAs, is about moving beyond the fear and embracing tools to help you know which risks are the right ones to take.
Randy Johnston – Alternatives to Microsoft Office Desktop
- Wednesday, July 30, 4:00 p.m.—5:00 p.m.
- Learn about Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs from Randy Johnston, MCS, MCP, and executive vice president and partner of K2 Enterprises. HIPAA compliance changes may impact the way you work!
Jody Padar – Accounting professionals engage your cloud clients
- Thursday, July 31, 10:00 a.m.—11:00 a.m.
- With a new model shift comes a need for a new client engagement strategy. How do you effectively onboard new accounting clients, and what tools do you need to set the stage with new cloud clients? In this session, Jody Padar, accounting thought leader and CPA, MST, and CEO and principal at New Vision CPA Group, will discuss how.
Jody Padar – Delivering on your value promise with cloud clients
- Thursday, July 31, 11:30 a.m.—12:30 p.m.
- A cloud and value pricing model sets the stage for more regular interactions with your clients and bundles incremental value into your brand promise. How do you, as an accounting or bookkeeping firm, plan and deliver on your promise? In this session, Jody Padar, accounting thought leader and CPA, MST, and CEO and principal at New Vision CPA Group, will discuss how to deliver on this promise.
Register today for July’s featured LEAP webcast at 50% off and find out what it means to be a giraffe when it comes to leadership in the accounting world.
This July, our Leadership Education for Accounting Professionals (LEAP) featured webcast is one that you’ll not want to miss:
The course instructor is Dr. Hubert D. Glover, an experienced leader with more than 30 years of leading major enterprises, an author of more than 50 articles in academic and professional journals, and a member of various boards of directors for major organizations including the American Institute of CPAs, Institute of Management Accountants, and executive committees for various other international professional and educational organizations.
Please plan on attending this educational and entertaining learning experience that will help you and your firm.
- Date: Thursday, July 24, 2014
- Time: 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. ET
- CPE Credits: 2
- Format: Webcast
- Cost: $39.50 (this is 50% off the regular price of $79)
Vous avez 30 minutes? Vous voulez découvrir comment nous pouvons non seulement vous aider ainsi que votre cabinet à être plus efficaces, mais également à être considéré(e) comme un(e) héros/héroïne par vos clients? Nous vous invitons à assister à l’un de nos prochains webinaires gratuits « Découvrez Sage one Édition Experts » et découvrez comment!
Chaque webinaire vous expliquera les fonctions de base de Sage One Édition Experts et vous montrera comment vos clients peuvent utiliser Sage One. Nous passerons également en revue les avantages exclusifs dont bénéficient les professionnels de la comptabilité en plus de prendre quelques minutes à la fin pour répondre avec expertise à vos questions.
Qu’importe l’étape où vous en êtes avec Sage One, voici l’occasion parfaite d’en apprendre davantage sur notre application :
- Si vous vous êtes déjà inscrit(e) pour accéder gratuitement à Sage One Édition Experts et souhaitez obtenir d’autres conseils sur la manière de commencer à recommander des clients, ce webinaire vous montrera comment tirer le meilleur parti de Sage One, y compris comment engager le processus de recommandation des clients.
- Si vous désirez obtenir de plus amples renseignements sur la manière d’utiliser Sage One Édition Experts pour la première fois, nous vous montrerons les étapes à suivre.
Webinaires Découvrez Sage One Édition Experts :
Have you got 30 minutes? Want to find out how you can not only help you and your firm be more efficient, and also be a hero to your clients? We invite you to attend one of our free upcoming “Meet Sage One Accountant Edition” webcasts and find out how!
Each live webcast will walk you through the basics of Sage One Accountant Edition and show you how your clients can use Sage One. We’ll also review special benefits that are available exclusive to accounting professionals and also take a few minutes at the end of the webcast for some expert Q&A.
No matter where you are in your Sage One journey, this is the perfect opportunity to learn about Sage One Accountant Edition:
- If you’ve already signed-up for complimentary access to Sage One Accountant Edition and need more information on how to start referring clients, then this webcast will show you how to get the most out of Sage One, including beginning the client referral process.
- If you’re looking for more information on how to get started with Sage One Accountant Edition for the first time, we’ll show you the first steps you’ll need to take to get going.
Click the button below to access our webcasts calendar to register for a session today.
Meet Sage One Accountant Edition Webcasts Calendar
Register for a July webcast here!
You can also sign-up for one of our July webcasts with one of the direct links below:
In case you missed our Google Hangout earlier this week, you can now access the recording on YouTube.
Listen to Recording
During the Google Hangout, we were joined by Doug Sleeter (@DougSleeter) of The Sleeter Group as we discussed how technology is changing the accounting profession, including an extensive look at Bitcoin and what this means to accountants and bookkeepers everywhere.
So listen in and be sure to keep an eye out for our next Google Hangout!
Sage One is an easy-to-use, cloud-based invoicing and accounting solution that accountants and bookkeepers can offer to clients who are currently stashing receipts or tracking sales and expenses in a spreadsheet.
Here’s what you need to know about Sage One and Sage One Accountant Edition.
- Sage One is not a hosted solution. It’s a true cloud-based solution. This means that customers sign up online and access Sage One through the cloud. Multiple layers of encryption and data security have been used to adhere to privacy and security concerns. Bottom line: It’s safe. (And convenient!)
- Sage One is designed for small businesses and start-ups that are looking for better management and tracking of their sales and purchases. It’s created to be simplistic and intuitive. It’s designed to move a customer out of the shoebox and into a solution that allows for better tracking of sales and purchases. Sounds good, right?
- Sage One is not filled with bells and whistles—and it’s not meant to be. It’s designed for the millions of entrepreneurs and small business owners who have been too overwhelmed or intimidated by “too much software” to make the move to any type of accounting solution. Sage One focuses on getting two things really right. It’s easy to create an invoice, and it’s easy to track expenses.
- Sage One is affordable. Choose from Sage One Accounting Standard or Sage One Invoicing (no expenses management, bank integration, or project collaboration features). View the Sage One features chart for current pricing information.
- Sage One Accountant Edition is complimentary for accounting professionals. Sage One Accountant Edition lets you invite clients and connect with them through Sage One Accountant Edition. That’s right, you can access multiple Sage One client files with one logon and do it from anywhere you have Internet access. No more passing large files back and forth.
Sign up for Sage One Accountant Edition—it’s complimentary for accounting professionals!
Sign Up Now
Need some help referring clients to Sage One? We’re happy to help!
Think you have a customer that’s a good fit for Sage One but you’re not sure if you want to do the demo? No problem. We’re happy to help.
Request a live one-on-one demo for you and your client. We’ll be in touch to set up a good time for you and get your clients onto Sage One in no time!
If you have any other questions, give us a call at 1-866-665-2559 or send us an email at Sage50SANCanada@sage.com. We love to hear from you, and we love to talk about Sage One!
- Sage One Accountant Edition for qualified professionals only. To receive and maintain your Sage One Accountant Edition account, you must be an accountant or bookkeeper providing professional accounting or bookkeeping services for multiple fee-paying clients. If at any time Sage determines that you are no longer eligible, your Sage One Accountant Edition account will be terminated.