I’ve been receiving a lot of emails lately from partners asking how to personalize their web profile on the Sage Simply Accounting website and I thought that this might be a good opportunity to share with you a few tips and tricks. As you may know, all the Sage Accountants Network (SAN) members are automatically listed on www.simplyaccounting.com in the Find a Consultant area available on the main page. This is where all the Sage Simply Accounting users are referred to when they are looking for a consultant in their area. What very few SAN members know though is how to take full advantage of this feature in order to build online visibility and attract new clients.
Here are a few basic steps to personalize your online profile with the Sage Simply Accounting Partner Locator Tool.
- Set up a permanent password for your Partner Portal account. When you first joined the Sage Accountants Network member you received a temporary password to access the Partner Portal. If you don’t remember seeing it, just send us a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll regenerate it for you. Once you have it go to https://partners.sagenorthamerica.com/ to log in with your email address and this temporary password. The first time you log in you’ll receive the message that your password has expired and you’ll need to change it to a permanent one. You can then start personalizing your web listing profile by going directly to http://edirectory.accpac.com/partners/ and logging in using the new password that you’ve just created. You can also access the same link directly from the welcome page of your Partner Portal account.
- Mark the type of services that you provide. It may seem obvious but you’ll be surprised to see that not all the partners took the time to do it. Hence the reason why that’s still a great way to stand out especially if the services that you’re providing are the ones that the client is looking for.
3. Extend your area of influence. Who says that you have to limit yourself to the city where you live? Especially in an era where Internet eliminated the physical boundaries and brought people closer than ever. And if you are comfortable exchanging files back and forth with your clients instead of going to their office (and your Accountant’s Edition helps you to do that) I have good news: you can choose up to 15 cities across Canada to be listed to.
I’d also like to share a couple of more tips for those of you who want to get the most out of this tool.
- Add the “Free One Hour” logo. This doesn’t mean that you’ll do one hour of work for a client for free. No. This only shows to the client that you’re willing to take the time to understand and evaluate his needs which for you it means an opportunity to build trust and credibility.
- If you are a Certified Consultant you’ll have another reason to stand out: you’ll automatically have priority listing as well as the ability to include a description of your experience and expertise. So take advantage of it!
Have more questions on listing your name on the Partner Locator Tool? Please feel free to email me at email@example.com
Emilia Iacob – Account Manager